Careers Work with Kocide!
Kocide LLC offers a competitive package and comprehensive benefits including health insurance, 401k w/100% matching, generous PTO and much more. Please indicate the position to which you are applying and submit together with your resume and salary requirements to HR@kocide.com
About the Company:
Kocide LLC, a wholly owned company of Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and a sister company to Certis USA, is currently seeking multiple General Mechanics for our Houston, TX manufacturing plant.
About the Plant:
The plant produces copper fungicides sold worldwide and is currently the only plant for the businesses supply chain. Operations include synthesis, formulation, drying, and finished product packaging for the customer. Our plant is located at 12701 Almeda Road.
Reporting to the Maintenance First Line Supervisor, the General Mechanic will troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specification as well as piping systems. The general mechanic position might also do some facilities support work. Mechanics are required to work a M–F day schedule, 40 hours per week and must also be available to work scheduled (planned) or unscheduled (unplanned/short-notice) hours on nights and/or weekends as needed to meet operating and/or business needs. Mechanics will be required to work overtime on an equal on-call rotation system. The Maintenance General Mechanic is a non-exempt, overtime eligible position.
- Disassembles, cleans, inspects, repairs and reassembles equipment such as centrifugal, moyno & diaphragm pumps, compressors, blowers, bagging machines, conveyors, grinders, rotary valves, mills, blenders, gear boxes, agitators, assorted type of valves, etc.
- Troubleshoots equipment using mechanical knowledge, equipment specification sheets, and manufacturer literature to restore to operation.
- Lubricates gearboxes, pumps, bearings and other equipment to prolong life and keep them operating safely and efficiently.
- Fabricates, installs, and replaces PVC, carbon steel, and stainless-steel pipe.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance tasks, documents findings/repairs/materials for equipment history, and executes PSM critical jobs.
- Operates equipment and hand tools to support work including forklifts, the man lift, basic hand tools & power tools. Other heavy equipment is in scope with proper training.
- Performs minor facilities maintenance work as needed such as minor building repairs, minor concrete repairs, etc.
- All applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years field maintenance and experience with familiarity of equipment above.
- Experience reading, understanding, and utilizing drawings, schematics, vendor manuals, safety standards & maintenance procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot effectively.
- Demonstrated operational discipline and quality completion of work.
- Strong safety performance record.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and be willing and able to learn new computer software systems.
- Ability to work in a team based environment with mindset to improve one’s own skillset and performance as well as contribute to system improvements.
- Ability to receive and adhere to detailed instructions, multi-task, communicate effectively & participate in problem solving.
- Willingness to work in elevated or confined space scenarios.
Must Have Qualifications:
Successful candidates should have one or more of the following additional skills:
- Welding certifications for pipe (and structural) such as NCCER Level 3 Welding.
- Pipefitting experience with certification such as NCCER Level 3 or comparable.
- Carpentry and concrete work experience with certification such as NCCER Level 3 Carpentry, NCCER Level 1 or 2 Concrete Finishing or comparable.
- Crane operation experience and certification, preferably NACB.
- Basic or greater electrical and/or instrumentation knowledge.
- Experience with SAPPM.
- Experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
All applicants must successfully complete onsite assessments to be considered for the role.
Kocide LLC offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits such as: health insurance, 401k w/100% matching, generous PTO and much more. Interested candidates: Please indicate the position to which you are applying and submit together with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or visits, please!